Eleni Kokkini is an experienced Greek IP attorney, leading the intellectual property law department of the large commercial law firm PPT Legal based in Athens, Greece since October 2017. Throughout her career as an IP attorney, Eleni has acquired extensive experience in all matters of intellectual property law, with a special focus on trade mark prosecution and litigation, domain name disputes resolution and e-commerce cases. Eleni has advised clients, from mega multinationals to small local firms, in complex trade mark, design, copyright and unfair competition issues and is a dedicated expert in the representation of clients in trade mark and unfair competition litigation and in domain name UDRP proceedings. Prior to joining PPT Legal, Eleni gained extensive experience working for a Greek IP boutique law firm, the IP department of a large German law firm and a Brussels-based law firm dealing with competition matters.
Eleni earned her LL.B. in Athens, Greece and her LL.M. masters degree with distinction in Heidelberg, Germany, where she continued with her doctoral studies in German unfair competition law and electronic commerce.
Eleni was admitted to the Athens Bar Association in 2000, she is a member of FICPI since March 2015 and a member of FICPI CET 1 since October 2015. She has held the position of Chair in the CET 1 (Trademarks) FICPI Commission since June 2018. Eleni is also a member of the Association of Greek Commercialists and a registered counsel in IP matters with the Small Enterprises’ Institute of the Hellenic Confederation of Professionals, Craftsmen and Merchants.
Eleni is fluent in Greek, English and German and also speaks French and Spanish.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Join our LinkedIn group
Contact the Editor
As members of the global community of independent IP attorneys, FICPI members can help each other improve by sharing our insights and experience. If you have a personal opinion or comment on a topical issue of IP law, how we can help our clients build IP value in their businesses, or how we manage our own practices, we would like to hear from you. Please contact our Editor (contact details below).
T: +44 (0)800 998 7990 or +44 (0)7941 669 925
Guidelines for Authors
If you would like to write an article for the FICPI Blog, please review the Guidelines for Authors.
- Life in lockdown in France, blog 6: The “e Pandemic”, 30 years later on
- Amazon’s experimental “Utility Patent Neutral Evaluation Program”: the good, the bad and the ugly on
- Life in lockdown in France, blog 3: WhatsApp and other messaging services on
- AI tech used in trade mark search on
- Mind the gap (in protection) on
- IP laws and practice (includes legislation, practice changes, case-law from around the world)
- FICPI activities
- Conferences and events (FICPI and other)
- Professional standards, ethics and best practice
- IP as a business, practice management
- IP asset management (valuation, licensing, FRAND etc.)
- FICPI committees and working groups